Friday, October 26, 2012

Reality and the Virtual World

Since this is my last blog of the trimester, I thought I should finish it up talking about the ever so beautiful reality. All of my blogs are "only reality." I don't confuse anything outside of reality, with reality. Talking about the reality I live in, helps me know myself a whole lot better. I sometimes write about the things that I go through, without making it a everyday thing about myself. I try not to use the word "I" too much because then I'll be talking about my problems rather in the topic I'm on. My blogs are meant to help people think more in depth with life. Sometimes I get out of hand and talk about useless stuff, but I hope you will continue to listen to me while I "blog."


"Reality" is beautiful. Sometimes some of us mix up reality and the virtual world, and I admit I'm one of them. The virtual word is also great, sometimes even better than reality in my opinion. The virtual world is the place where we can escape from reality and forget what happened that day. We can have fun with our friends online, not thinking about the harsh things that happened. You can be a completely different person online, changing yourself. Since we're behind a computer screen the other person can't do anything to you and obviously, some people have taken that in account and have taken advantage of it. As I said before I was one of them. On a online game that I played, I was a really high level among others. I played the game all day with my real life friends and online friends. When I was alone and my real life friends didn't join me into this game yet, I felt like I was a completely different person online. No one could touch me. Since I was a high level, I felt like I was a little mean to the lower levels from time to time. That no longer happens, but I just wanted to say that some of us have been sucked into the virtual world and had a hard time thinking about it when we came back into reality. 

No matter what we do, we'll never be able to escape reality, it'll always, always, always come back to us. We have to face our problems sooner or later, but it's best to face them now. Reality (life) has it's ups and downs, that's what makes it reality. In the virtual world, everything can go right for us. Some games are designed that way. Maybe games were made because there were some people who gave up on life and wanted sometime more exciting. But we need "downs" in our lives to get something greater because all of us learn from those mistakes and life lessons. 

Word Count: 472



No comments:

Post a Comment