Friday, October 12, 2012

Japanese Class

I remember in the eighth grade, we picked what classes to attend in high school. Of course, like everyone else I didn't take it seriously. But when I got to the foreign language part, I started to get serious. There were quite a few options and I had no idea what to choose at first. There was Spanish,  Chinese,  German,  French ( I think) and Japanese. Maybe I missed a few I don't know, either way I was seriously considering Chinese since I'm about 20% Chinese according to my mom and dad. Then, I looked at the word "Japanese" I was smiling. I was like " this is the one!" I circled it, and now to this day, I have never ever regretted it since. Japanese class has always been the class I look forward to every single day. Everyday was different and fun. Japanese class is different then any other classes in Kennedy, no doubt. If it's not too late for you, and you still have a chance to take Japanese at Kennedy, take it. You won't regret it. The atmosphere of this class is far different then any other class I have taken or currently taking at Kennedy. Everyone feels like a really close friend of yours, even like family on some days. This also includes the sensei (teacher).

During my first year at Kennedy and first year in Japanese class, my sensei ( teacher) was Henklemann sensei ( I'm pretty sure I didn't spell it right sorry). She was a fun teacher and was very hard working at times. We focused on learning Japanese characters everyday, and learned really helpful Japanese words that we all still use today. After freshman year ended, she stopped being my sensei. Carolin-sensei was my new teacher. Of course I was really upset that she had to leave Kennedy, and teach the Jefferson students, but things change over time. At first, I thought Carolin-sensei was really weird. Still even today, we would waste so much time talking about stuff that had nothing to do with Japanese. I really like it. No matter what sensei I have, as long as I learn more and more Japanese, I just know that it'll be a fun experience.

The time I circled "Japanese" in eighth grade with never be filled with regret. I'm actually really glad that I circled it that time. It's one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

Word Count : 404

No comments:

Post a Comment