Friday, October 19, 2012

Future, Mirai, Present.

I'm sure all of you guys know what "future" is, but do you know what "mirai" means? If you know what future is, then you also know what mirai is. Yes, mirai is the Japanese word for future. Since, I'm a senior in high school, I have to start thinking about my future. At least that's what everyone's saying. I haven't truly decided what I want to be when I grow up yet, but right now, presently, I want to travel around this vast world. I have never been outside of Iowa and Illinois. The only thing I believe, I should have on my mind after high school is college. I don't know what college I'll be attending so I'll just have to wait and decide soon.

The reason I bring this topic up isn't to just discuss about my future, but also the future itself. Kinda. Do you believe the end of the world will be on December 21st 2012? Well, I don't know exactly. Whether it happens or not, I don't care. I believe things always happen for a reason, and if we die, we all die together. Instead of dying off one by one in the vast future. The future is something I could talk about for days, because it's endless. What you do now, will affect your future. For example, your grades. I don't want to be limited to the amount of colleges I can get into because of my grades. If I try harder now, and receive high grades then it'll benefit me as a whole in the future when I graduate and even after that. I don't need regrets.

What's more important? The future or the present? It's an opinion question. There's always people who think differently from each other, contradicting. In my opinon, the present is much more important then my future. Solely because the future is dependent on the present. What you do now will affect your future in every single aspect. Another example: I friends I made in high school might even stick with me in the future. The memories I make now, will continue in the future with me. If I learn some college material now, I won't have to work as hard as I do if I didn't learn the material in the future. I know they are really bad examples, but I think you knew even before you started reading the examples.

Word Count: 403, might continue and revise.


No comments:

Post a Comment