Friday, October 12, 2012

Break Free

Some of us are shy, afraid to do presentations, afraid of being judged by others and some of us want everyone to like them. Well unfortunately, not everyone is gonna like you. Also, you won't necessarily like everyone you meet. You can be shy when your young, but when you grow older, it needs to go. If your afraid to do presentations, rehearse a lot so you won't completely panic when you present. There will always be presentations in school, and you won't be able to avoid all of them. Might as well get used to them. If your afraid of being judged by others, don't be. Why should you care about what everyone else thinks about you? Live your life the way you want to, in other words, break free. 

Shyness. I've been really shy since elementary school. I wouldn't talk too much to people around me, and I was afraid to interact with strangers. I would let people approach me first, rather then me approaching them. That was me before. Now when I see a student inside of school having the same problem as me in the past, I go up to them and sit by them. Then I create small talk. I'm aware that this action doesn't necessarily work on everyone, but it's worth a shot.  There were people who have done the same thing to me in the past, and I'm truly thankful to them. I wouldn't be myself today if it wasn't for them. Unfortunately, I was quite shy in the first 3 years of high school too.... yeah I know. Well, Junior year wasn't too bad, with the help of some teachers I broke free little by little. They helped get ready for Senior year. They obviously knew my weaknesses and improved them greatly. The same exact thing my Senior year teachers are helping me with now.

Afraid to do Presentations. Well, yes, there are still multiple people that I know that are afraid or just plain suck at giving presentations. They stutter, mess up and their face becomes red while doing all of that stuff. The more presentations you do, the less you will be afraid to do them. Especially if the presentations you give in Junior year were like 10+ minutes. Imagine that. 10 whole minutes standing in front of the class, hoping you won't screw up. All eyes watching your every moment.

I'm sure some people already noticed already but, you start to notice the only time your nervous is before you do the presentation. Not during. Well at least this all goes for me. My hands would sweat everytime I start a presentation, hoping that everything would go well and that I don't mess up and everyone would laugh at me. One of my fears. But now that I think of it, if they laugh, I would probably laugh too! That's just the way I am. I love seeing people laugh. Also, when I see people laugh I tend to laugh too.

That's pretty much all I have to say. I feel like I spread-ed this topic way too much. I'll try to do better next time. I hope I gave you at least something to think about. I just wanted to show you and myself also, that I can't keep these weaknesses. That everyone and myself included need to break free and become an individual. I'm almost there.

Word Count : 667

No comments:

Post a Comment