Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Long Term Assignments

I'm not a big fan of long term assignments. If you don't understand what I mean, then I'll rephrase it. Homework that's given to you and then due in a week or two weeks. Obviously the time given to you to do the homework is nice, and some teachers usually give you more than enough time to do the assignment. But I have a few reasons why I don't like long term assignments.

First is time management on my part. I don't know how to manage my time correctly in order to do the assignment. Usually like most students I wait until very last one or two days to do it. Pretty much cramming for it. It always happens no matter how hard I try. For example, my AP Economics teacher gives us a good amount of pages in the Econ book to take notes over, and he gives us two weeks to do them. I don't know what happens, but I always end up using up the first week and end up having to use the last week to do the notes. Of course they are really nice notes that benefit me, and maybe this way might even be better for me. Who knows. But I don't think I'll be able to keep this habit of mine once I enter college. From what I heard from my teachers, almost every assignment is individual and long term. They give you a packet consisting of dates for the tests,quizzes and homework, but never speak of the packet ever again. They expect you to do the work yourself. Which isn't a bad thing, and I guess that's why they are called "professors" instead of "teachers" in college. I don't have any background information so don't assume that all of the things I've said so far are accurate.

These blogs are a good example of long term work too. I usually wait until Friday or Sunday to do them. Except when we have blogging time in class, like now. It might be my style but, the blogs I write last minute, are always better then the rest of my blogs, in my opinion.

Homework that's not due until after a few weeks is very independent. Most of the time, I usually just prefer before a short, nice homework that's due in a few days. They are usually a lot smaller and easier to do, depending on the class that's it for.

Word Count: 409

No comments:

Post a Comment