Sunday, September 2, 2012

What to Expect from Roger, and Review Kind of

Ok, first real blog, here we go! This blog will be about "What to Expect from Roger Federer" and kind of a review about him.

If you read my "About Me" post, you would have known already that I absolutely love tennis. Just the thrill of holding a tennis racket while hitting a fast ball that comes at you, just feels so amazing. People may think tennis is one of the most easiest sports to master, but they're obviously wrong. In tennis you need to have complete concentration and you have to stare at the ball every single swing you use. The person who got me into tennis and inspired me so much is Roger Federer.

Right now, currently at this date, Roger Federer is World number 1. He's been World number one before for 5 years straight, completely dominating the game of tennis. He is one of the world's most recognizable athletes, because of his achievements. Roger has won 17 gland slam titles, more then anyone else in the history of the game. Only 4 slams occur within a year and it's very hard to even win one of them. In the past decade or so, only 4 people have won grand slams, right now I believe the top guys are completely dominating the court and not letting anyone else win. Which isn't a bad thing, the strongest wins fair and square.

I expect that Roger Federer will win a couple more slams before he retires. I believe that he still has it in him, even though he's 31 years old and many people usually retire in the 30s. Federer's form, in my opinion, looks great right now. He's more or less not running around his side of the court, but gliding. He's forehand is still top notch, and he's backhand is showing the world that that is not something you should target, and say that the backhand is he's one of his weaknesses. Just because the one handed backhand is going extinct from tennis, doesn't mean it has to be found as a weakness in every player that uses it. I personally prefer the old handed backhand over the two handed backhand. Only a few players other than Roger uses the one handed backhand now these days. In 2011 many people ruled out Roger as being a grand slam contender, since he didn't win even one slam that year. Although, after he took Wimbledon this year he showed everyone that 30 years old was the new 20 years old.

As I said before, I do expect Roger to win slams, but I also expect him to retire when he truly wants to, instead of holding back because of his fans. Many fans have said that they don't know what they are gonna do when Roger hangs up his racket. Some said they might even stop watching tennis regularly. That's how much Federer has a impact on he's fan's lives. I don't want him to just keep playing because of us, I want him to keep playing because he loves the game of tennis and that he's hungry for more slams. Which is what I'm seeing from Federer right now. A truly remarkable tennis legend, that I believe is the Greatest of All Time in the history of tennis.

Word Count : 541

1 comment:

  1. there was also a guy named Tommy Phan who was pretty good in the early 60's you should check him out.

    ReplyDelete