Friday, September 28, 2012

People Change Over Time.

Whenever I look back at my childhood and the friends I had, I always wondered if I followed the right path. There was this time in elementary school where I had to choose between two groups of friends, where I'm at now is where I'm at. I won't ponder in my past too much since I'm not a fan of that past. But anyway, don't you wonder if you did something diferently you would be at a completely different place right now? In elementary school ( I had 3) I had little friends. I was never a friend of everyone in the class, I'm still not today, and I will never be. I always stick to my little groupie. The typical small group of friends that only hang out with each other. Whether it was Garfield, Cleveland, and Hiawatha, I always stuck with my little group that I somehow managed to make friends with.  What if I never moved to different elementary schools? If with I never went to Hiawatha would I still have all the friends I have today? Most likely not. If I stuck with Garfield/ Cleveland maybe I would be at a different high school than Kennedy. I would be living a different life.

I remember myself being the "Class Clown" once. Boy, was that funny. It was during middle school when I changed myself completely. I wanted to be more studious and have better grades. There were even a lot of times where I chose doing my homework rather than hanging out with my precious friends. Believe me, no one wants to do that. I don't know why but I did it. Over time, from class clown of elementary school times I became less trustful of others. I didn't interact with other students for a moment of time in my life. I really can't believe how much I changed, but I like it. I'm satisfied with the path I'm on now. I would probably change some stuff a little bit though, like a girlfriend or so.... but in the end I'm satisfied. Friends that I met from elementary, middle, high school have stuck with me through thick and thin. From my point of view, it's funny really, none of them have changed while I have. I can't believe it. To think that some of them actually were with me from elementary school all the way to graduation of class of 2013 hopefully.

I will never forget the friends that I have left or the people that have left me. People change. Not everyone will stick with you, there will always be people who drift away from you eventually. But the things that us humans do so well is that we know how to have fun while it lasts. We treasure the moments, and we have these things called "eternal memories."

I'm obviously went off topic.

Word Count: 476

1 comment: