Sunday, September 23, 2012

Expectations, etc.

Expectations can go really far. I've been thinking about expectations a lot lately. Like when a teacher expects you to put outside time to study school material. They don't care if it takes hours or a few minutes, they expect you to put in some time. I agree with them to an extent. Sure putting in time after school and looking over what you did in class that day or even looking forward to what's happening next is great. It helps get more in depth with your studies. It's just a matter of time each person is willing to do that. Not all of us are free and can let homework and studying consume us after school. Some of us are busy will work, sports, etc. I would say don't expect too much, expect lower so you won't be too disapointed.

For me, I expect really high most of the time. For example, when I'm about to start school the next day, I expect that I'll have around 2-3 hours or homework when I get back home. High expectation helps me a lot. If the homework amount travels lower than my expectation then I'll be happy. If the homework amount would ever be higher then 2-3 hours, then I'll cry. Simple as that.

Expectation from teachers will almost always put pressure on students. I'm not saying it's alot of pressure it's just the matter of how much expectation. Now for me, expectation from my parents is much greater. I guess expectation changes from person to person. If, for example, my parents expect me to attend college for four years and acheive a great career, then I would be willing to reach those expectations because I was already thinking about some of that. But what if they wanted me to attend college for more than 4 years? Would I do it? Who knows, the higher the expectation the least likely me myself would do it.

Word Count: 323

1 comment: