Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shouldering Everything

             Everyone has their moments of having to shoulder everything on their own. Sooner or later, it's bound to happen.  Shouldering everything means to do it by yourself, whether it means protecting everything and everyone else or just yourself. It's an act that I think very highly of because shouldering everything is not something everyone can handle. To walk on the path alone, with no one else near you, can you do that? How much can you hold on those shoulders of yours? Can you let everything ride on your shoulders with everything at stake?

             At times in my life, I remember myself shouldering everything I could. It didn't matter to me how small or big the weight. As long as no one else would get hurt, I'm more than willing to be the sacrifice. I would let my shoulders fall to the extent of to where it could hold. Sometimes even going further. To shoulder everything by myself soon became one of the most natural feelings I have to this day. When I see someone else shoulder everything by themselves, I can't stand it. It doesn't matter if it was in real life or some movie I watched, I wanted to do all I could to ease at least some of the pain. To shoulder everything means to be the only person left standing in this world.

            I'm not a good person. You as the reader might have thought for at least a bit that I was a good person for shouldering everything and helping other people by easing the overall pain. I'm not. I'm a selfless freak. I don't help other people for their sake, I help them for my own good. I can't stand seeing other people shoulder everything, so I do it to ease my own pain and to help myself out. It's a contradiction. I have look like a good person on the outside but on the inside, I'm only a selfless freak, helping himself.

           Even though shouldering everything does most of the time mean that your alone, it could not be as well. Endure the suffering with your friends or family. People in our lives aren't in our lives for nothing. Ask them to help you out, there's no need to shoulder everything, unless your a selfless freak like me. But even if your a selfless freak like me, we, since we're the same, need to learn to trust others more than anything else.

Word Count: 509





No comments:

Post a Comment