Sunday, January 27, 2013

Question on Miss Representation


               I'm researching Caroline Heldman, since she appeared in Miss Representation. In the documentary, when the people talk, they show their name, titles, what they acheived, etc. Caroline Heldman has a PhD,  and is the Associate Professor of Political Science at Occidental College.  From here, she is also a commentator for FOX news and many other famous news places. She is also known for her contribution on Ms. Blog and Sociological Images.  I was also hoping to find a female related thing that she did and I did find one.  She co-edited Rethinking Madame President: Are we Ready for a Woman in the White House? Caroline Heldman being the one example Mizzay pointed out, I'm wondering why Caroline Heldman appeared in Miss Representation.  I'm wondering what related work to Miss Representation she has done and her qualifications for speaking in this documentary.

                   From what I found from my research, this site states that Caroline has been on the Katie show. Katie Couric was also on Miss Representation. They talked about beauty culture and their daughters. From what I see now, I feel like Caroline Heldman is interested in these female problems that society is having. Caroline Heldman is obviously a very good person to have in Miss Representation to state her opinion and thoughts for us in the documentary. 

                   Overall, I couldn't find too much information on Caroline Heldman, but I think I found a suitable amount. She's a very powerful woman, with many eye-catching titles under her name, she's very successful. She was on the Katie show with Katie also being in Miss Representation, so she did do related work outside the film. I can see why she appeared on Miss Representation. 

Word Count: 282
              

               
               

No comments:

Post a Comment