Sunday, January 13, 2013

Touching Reality


           There have been few days in my life where I believe I touch reality itself. It's hard to explain, but when I separate myself away from technology, it's a feeling that I won't ever forget. I feel like I'm finally myself when I do things like cleaning up, doing homework, driving, hanging with friends, etc. All of these things, make me feel like I'm touching reality. When I'm on computer, most of  the time, I feel like I've escaped it. I've been on a computer more times than I've been touching reality. But that's what makes touching reality so beautiful and memorable. Just the thought of being alive right now, doing the things I want, is enough happiness for me.

           Even though technology brings me out of reality, doesn't mean it's the villain. Without technology I wouldn't be who I am today. It's helped me out numerous amount of times. I've learned so much and experienced just as much as myself touching reality. You can say technology brings out the best in reality, while reality also brings out the very best in technology. It just goes to show how everything in this world, no matter how different they are, have a purpose. Whether I balance the technology and reality in my future, I hope that these two special parts of me will stay with me forever.

            Looking at the small, unnoticeable things help me touch reality. For example, say you have a laptop. It looks very plain and all, but if you move in a little closer, your bound to find something you have never noticed before, even though you had the laptop for years. Just this method helps me touch reality. My mindset changes, and I feel like I'm human after all. Next time when your down, or forgotten who your are, look at the small things, and hopefully you'll come in contact with reality once again.

          Touching reality shows us there's more to life than just our daily usual lives. Instead of keeping a solid schedule of doing the same things day by day, change it up a bit. Add new things to do and maybe add a few breaks where you just lay on your bed and think about life. Stand up, and just start running and screaming!  Touching reality is something all of us should do, because time travels way too fast.

Word Count: 402

No comments:

Post a Comment