Sunday, January 20, 2013

Different Story


         What if everything turned out differently? What if we chose the wrong path on our way to the end? What if we started a different story?  From when I was a child until now, I've always wondered if I made the right choices. I don't want regret in my life; I want to live life to the absolute fullest. But what if I chose the wrong paths that lead me here? I'm completely satisfied with who I am now. Although the me right now isn't exactly what I imagined myself to be, the choices I made before this day are all special to me. Every route I took, every route I succeeded and failed, these are the paths that make up me. If we think of it specifically, we should be careful with the choices we make in life, instead of acting hastily.  But what If we chose to do it hastily on purpose?

         If I had one chance to start a different story, then I would take it, or so I thought. I’m satisfied with my life now, but I’m being greedy.  Being “greedy” is, in fact, part of human nature. We always want more, no matter how much we get.  To start over everything is maybe one of the greediest things I have ever heard.  

                I wanted to be born and raised in Japan.  I wanted to go to school there and enjoy it there. Learning about Japanese in Japanese Class always gives me the feeling of wanting to go there.  I know how to speak Japanese and know how to write it. Japanese is by far, my best subject because I’m dedicated to it and I’m always happy to learn more material. To me, Japan is the place I want to be in. But if I wanted all of that, then I would have to give up everything, and I’m not so sure about that.

                I'm sure all of us have thought this way, and from my perspective and view, we only think this way in our moments of suffering. But deep down we know, that nothing will change if we wish for it. Instead of asking of a different story, let's change this story instead. A different story just won't happen. So lets change this story according to the way we want it. Don't stop running to change, there's always tomorrow. 

                   
Word Count: 400 
               

              

No comments:

Post a Comment