Sunday, January 13, 2013

Complaining doesn't do anything.

       All of us are human. All of us have experienced times where we just can't help but complain at things that were unfair to us. It's human nature to complain, but, in the end what does complaining do? Do we think that just because complain that everything will go our way? Or is complaining just express ourselves? I believe complaining doesn't do anything. In the past, I remember myself complaining at numerous things. I've always thought that if I complained, my parents, teachers, friends would shut up and do things the way I wanted to do. But now, after several years have passed, I do my best not to complain anymore, at least not out loud.  Now, presently, I rather just shut myself up and do it. Complaining is just a waste of time, rather than waste the time, I rather use the time to do it. I suck it up if I have to, because I know, nothing comes out good when complaining and there will always be things that we have to do, even if we don't want to. 

       "I don't want to do it." " You can't make me do things I don't want to do." Some of the many horrible excuses or not wanting to do something. Grow up. Life is unfair, it's not only made for one person, it's here, and it exists for everyone. There will always be things in our lives where we really don't want to do it. But we know we have to. Feel free to complain, in your head. But in the end there are only two options that you can take. Walk away from it and not do it, or do it. Complaining just won't change anything, maybe someday that'll change, but here right now, all we can do is follow one of the two paths we believe in. 

         This post really does feel like a parent talking to their child. I hope this post doesn't make you think too differently of me, I'm not a parent or anything of the sort. I'm only 18, and still learning life. I write about my experiences and things that I think of. Complaining doesn't do anything is something that I've experienced multiple times. So that's why I believe what I'm saying is true. Obviously sometimes complaining does work, just not in my case. 

Word Count: 403 
       


No comments:

Post a Comment