Sunday, January 20, 2013

Setting Goals

            In the past, I was horrible student. I didn't pay attention and was always the bottom of my classes. I put hanging out, video games and just about everything else in front of school. I thought that school was pointless, that it just takes a lot of time away from life. Schoolwork and school itself were at the bottom of my list. But in 7th grade, everything changed, my life changed. From the shock of realization, I started to move school up on my list. I set goals up for myself. With those goals that were in my mind, I am who I am today. 

      Goals help me grow as a student and as a person. Without a single goal, I don't know where I would be today.  I wouldn't have had motivation to keep working harder without them. If I never set goals for myself when I was in middle school, I most likely wouldn't still be in high school today. Yes, I was that bad of a student. But without knowing the true facts and everything, even if I was in high school, I definitely wouldn't have grades that I do now.  Without motivation, we are weak, nothing to run towards and nothing to gain. But WITH motivation, there's nothing stronger then us.

       No matter how small the goal, as long as we have something to run towards, I feel like things will turn out okay. For example, here's a scenario ( story) I thought of : Character 1: Setsu, Character 2: Sekai. 
(This is not a true story of anything of the sort, it's just meant for better understanding on the subject.) 
Sekai injures her body and goes to the hospital. Setsu then visits Sekai at the hospital wondering how's she doing. She tells him she's okay and that the doctor told her she won't be able to do any kinds of sports anymore. They haven't found a cure for her illness. So she has to give up her dream and find something else in her life. Setsu wonders what HE can do for her. He then decides without thinking. " I'm going to study harder then I ever had, and become a doctor to cure you!" With that goal in mind, nothing stops him. He becomes the top student in his grade and becomes a doctor in the future. He cures Sekai's illness, Sekai starts playing the sport she loves again, and they live happily ever after, together. - Sorry, I just had to give a happy ending! :) 

Setting goals can help all of us grow as an individual. No matter how pointless it is, set it. Motivation is something that all of us should have. Only when we have motivation, is the only time we pass 100%. 

Word Count: 461 


No comments:

Post a Comment