Sunday, January 20, 2013

Miss Representation.

     Right now, in class we are watching a movie ( documentary) called Miss Representation. I personally, am really liking it so far. I've been video editing for a while now, so looking at the effects and hard work they put into Miss Representation really stands out to me. For example, like the way they made the intro. I think it was, successful women in the past, in black and white, while the famous, sexy women currently, in color. So far this documentary has already made a impact on me. Even though I'm male, and I don't understand the things females go through everyday, watching the documentary somewhat helps me relate. Like the film's name, I believe that females are miss represented.

      This movie has so many people and "evidence" so far, it's insane. Well, yeah I guess, IT IS a documentary, but that's not the point. The movie has many famous people talking about the subject and many normal people as well. It pretty much has everyone's view, from what I'm seeing so far. It also shows facts and quotes every now and then, which are really interesting to know and read. Not only do they show the quotes and facts at the right time, they show it amazingly. Again, back to the video editing part. They showed the quotes and facts sometimes on a pure white screen with black words. An editor does that so the watcher can solely focus on the quote/fact. Another amazing part of the movie so far, is the speedy movie part. Miss Representation showed a whole lot of movie scenes and a really fast pace. I didn't find out the purpose of that, but I'm sure there is one.

Word Count: 288


No comments:

Post a Comment