Saturday, February 2, 2013

Harsh and Long Path

          I've realized that everything I have done in my life has been a harsh and long path. Most of time I don't realize it, but looking back now, it was really rough for me. As time passes, my memories fade leaving my mind empty of my past. It seemed like that harsh and long path never existed in the first place, but it did, at the time.Why do my/our memories fade so easily? Is it just me? I feel like my dedicating myself to school work too much, I don't have time for life itself. Will my long and harsh paths ahead also be erased someday by something overwriting it?

            I remember one time I was really struggling with my eyesight. I couldn't see the board very well in my classes and asked my teachers to move me up to the front seats of the class. It was all burly and frightening at the same time. One time, my math teacher picked on me to give the answer to the question on the board. To my horrible luck, I couldn't see it due to being in the back seat, last row at the back of the class. I squinted as hard as I could hoping to see it, and I did see bits and pieces of the writing. So I answered the question, but obviously I took forever. These may not be the "harsh" and "long" paths you think they were, but to me it's different. I talk and realize the smallest things, because I believe the small things are the most important things in my life.

             Another time I remember myself struggling is when I first started to play tennis. I remember myself struggling to even hit the ball and moving around the court. I worked really hard, and I believe I've gotten better somewhat. I at least can hit the ball correctly now, and I've worked on a lot of my weaknesses in the game. It was a long and harsh path to get here, due to losses during the season, but I'm glad I made it this far. Without the losses " harshness's" I received, I would have never made it to this long path.

            Even though the paths are "harsh" and "long" , I love the end. I love reaching the ends of the paths and it's more worthwhile if it's hard to get there. The greater the challenge, the better the prize. No matter how many paths I have to walk and run though, my goal is to make it to the end, so I can prove something to myself and everyone else around me.

Word Count: 440


No comments:

Post a Comment