Friday, December 7, 2012

Confidence is Key

       When your about to break a wall standing in front of you, confidence is the key to winning. I obviously don't mean a wall literally, I mean an obstacle, like a drivers test, ACT, SAT, opponent in a sports game, etc. If you have confidence, you have a much better chance of winning then you would without confidence. If you don't have confidence from the start, and say some lines like " Well, I'm probably going to fail anyway, " or " let's give it our best shot, even though we'll still lose! " kind of lines, then you already loss from the start, regardless of the score in the end. Why should you even get the victory if your not confident? Do you think that if you don't get your hopes up that luck will go your way? Get your hopes up. Have confidence that you will win no matter what. Try your best and give it your all, no matter what anyone says about it, and regardless of the result. If you lose in the end, at least you had confidence. You'll soon forget about the loss and move on and take the victory next time.

        Don't lose hope to the very beginning. If you already think you are going to fail then odds are you ARE going to fail. No one is lucky every time during a test. I personally used to think that if I don't get my hopes up that I was going to get a good grade on a test. It worked quite a bit of times, but not anymore. I learned that you have to have confidence before taking a test that you will do well on it. If you fail, well at least you died trying. You know what I mean.  Rather than having no confidence in the beginning and lose, which is similar to a double loss.

        Here's a narration for you guys. I believe narration is similar to a story, so here's a story. The first time I took my drivers test, I knew I was going to fail even before even taking it. My mind only processed myself failing the test repeatedly, never once did I imagine myself passing the test. On the day of the test, I went to the driver's licence place, obviously nervous. I thought that I might just get lucky and that God will shine on me helping me pass the test because I have given up. I spent about 10~15 minutes with the driving instructor and at the end he gave me the results quite bluntly. I failed. I couldn't believe it. I didn't get my hopes up at all, and I thought that would work in my favor. Obviously it didn't. When I got home, I was really depressed and completely disappointed in myself. I thought if only I had more confidence in my driving, I would have passed ... it was a really valuable lesson that I learned, that I will never forget, ever.

Word Count: 596

No comments:

Post a Comment